We have an application running on Tomcat and are evaluating
migration to Resin.

  One of the current sticking points is the use of Postgresql Large
Objects. In the Tomcat configuration, we could use the
'allowAccesstoUnderlyingConnection' property to access the
PGConnection object and use the large object API from there.

  It seems Resin supports the retrieval of the Connection object from
the Datasource, but trying to cast it into a PGConnection gives an

  Can someone please tell us how we can use Large Object API from
within the Resin container.

  Thanks for any pointers.