Hello all,
I am new to Resin, and I am keen to develop for Resin using Eclipse.  I have
tried to get the Eclipse plugin, from Maven, to work, but it is giving me an
error. Does the Eclipse plugin from
http://caucho.com/m2/com/caucho/resin-eclipse/3.2.0/ work with Eclipse Ganymede
(the current JEE developers version)?

When I try to create a Dynamic Web Project I get

"failed while installing Dynamic Web Module 2.5" with "Build path contains
duplicate entry: 'C:java/resin-3.2.0/lib/resind.jar' for project ..."

The project is created but it does not have the Resin server in it, and I
cannot then run my project against my Resin server.

There are a number of things that have not looked right along the way:

1) There is no documentation on how to use/install this plugin. One of the
links on the caucho Wiki for Eclipse does not exist, and the other is for an
old release. In the end I just copied the jar to my Eclipse plugins directory.
Perhaps some additional steps are required?

2) The Eclipse plugin introduces a Resin 3.1 server, not a Resin 3.2 server.
(This suggests the plugin has not been updated for 3.2, and hence might not be
compatible?).

3) The reference to the plugin is a quick line in the changes for Resin 3.2,
and the Resin 3.2 documentation does not mention it propertly, which leads me
to wonder what the status of the plugin is.

I then used the Eclipse Generic Server to run Resin, and that works for running
a dynamic web project, but does not work for debug.  (It runs but the
breakpoints are not obeyed).

I'm sure many people would agree that Eclipse support for Resin is vital for
Resin's continued use. Who can fix the above, or tell me what I have got wrong?

Kind Regards,
Stephen

EMCC Software Ltd, Head and Registered office: 5 Commerce Way, Avocado Court,
Westinghouse Road, Manchester, M17 1HW. Registered in Cardiff, UK with No.
3666670. www.emccsoft.com

Disclaimer: This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended
represent those of EMCC Software. If you are not the intended recipient of this
email and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them, nor must
you copy or show them to anyone, please delete this email and its attachments
immediately. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this
email in error.