On Oct 10, 2008, at 11:12 AM, Miguel Vargas wrote:

I just saw found a similar bug fixed in 3.1.7,
http://bugs.caucho.com/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=2672

Is this my bug?

Yes, that should be the same issue. There was a change in how we were handling capitalization for Resin's IoC that messed up some .tld files.

-- Scott

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] ] On Behalf Of Miguel Vargas
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2008 11:02 AM
To: resin-interest@caucho.com
Subject: [Resin-interest] 'tlibversion' is an unknown property of'com.caucho.jsp.cfg.TldTaglib'

We recently updgraded from Resin 3.0.23 to 3.1.6. We use Struts 1.2.8. We are currently getting the following exception,

"Unhandled exception 'jar:file:/usr/local/web0/webapps/cons/WEB-INF/ lib/struts-1.2.8.jar!/META-INF/tlds/struts-logic.tld:10: 'tlibversion' is an unknown property of 'com.caucho.jsp.cfg.TldTaglib'.

Here’s the top of struts-logic.tld:
<!DOCTYPE taglib PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library 1.1//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd ">
<taglib>
<tlibversion>1.2</tlibversion>
<jspversion>1.1</jspversion>
<shortname>logic</shortname>

I know the JSP 1.2 DTD changed the tag to <tlib-version> instead of <tlibversion>. Does Resin 3.1.6 not compatible with JSP 1.1?

Another possibility I’ve considered is the case-sensitivity of the getters. The getter in com.caucho.jsp.cfg.TldTaglib is getTlibVersion(), should it be getTlibversion() instead? When we upgraded to 3.1.6 we had to change a bunch of our JSP to match the case of the property getters.

This electronic message contains information from Multifamily Technology Solutions, Inc. (MyNewPlace.com) and is confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us immediately by telephone at (415) 348-2000 or electronic mail.