Hi,

I'm currently a bit puzzled since I don't get to work what yesterday has
already.

As I understand it should be possible to lookup an EntityManagerFactory via
JNDI as

java:comp/env/persistence/PersistenceUnit/xxx

- but I just can't get that to work.

My persistence.xml has

  <persistence-unit name="DomainRegistryService">
    <class>de.footprint.domreg.persistence.entities.Rezept</class>
    <class>de.footprint.domreg.persistence.entities.Zutat</class>
    <exclude-unlisted-classes />
  </persistence-unit>

in it. resin-web.xml contains:

  <ejb-server entity-manager-jndi-name="DomainRegistryService">
    <data-source>jdbc/DomainRegistryServiceDS</data-source>
  </ejb-server>

The data-source is defined as well, so everything should be fine.

But starting the application gives me:

[18:56:46.431] Compiling
de/footprint/domreg/persistence/entities/Rezept__ResinExt.java
[18:56:46.431] Compiling
de/footprint/domreg/persistence/entities/Zutat__ResinExt.java
[18:56:47.819] Note:
/usr/local/www/services/domreg/html/WEB-INF/work/pre-enhance/de/footprint/domreg/persistence/entities/Rezept__R
esinExt.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
[18:56:47.819] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
[18:56:47.860] Amber enhancing class
de.footprint.domreg.persistence.entities.Rezept
[18:56:47.922] Compiling
de/footprint/domreg/persistence/entities/Rezept__ResinExt.java
[18:56:48.567] Note:
/usr/local/www/services/domreg/html/WEB-INF/work/pre-enhance/de/footprint/domreg/persistence/entities/Rezept__R
esinExt.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
[18:56:48.567] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
[18:56:48.697] Amber enhancing class
de.footprint.domreg.persistence.entities.Zutat
[18:56:48.730] Compiling
de/footprint/domreg/persistence/entities/Zutat__ResinExt.java
18:56:50.438 INFO  [reg.web.application.DomainRegistryApplication] - Application
init...
18:56:50.542 INFO  [application.DomainRegistryApplication$$anon$1] - Configuring
application bindings...
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
java:comp/env/persistence/PersistenceUnit/DomainRegistryService
Manual EMF

Which means that looking up the PersistenceUnit doesn't work. I can manually
create the EntityManagerFactory with

Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory( "DomainRegistryService" )

though. Queries are running with the manual setup (only lazy fetches aren't
resolved this way!).

I'm running resin 3.1.7 pro.

Can someone give me a hint what I'm doing wrong?! Also - when I change the
persistence-provider to eclipselink, will Amber put then the created
EntityManagerFactory also into the JNDI context?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards, --- Jan.