On Dec 11, 2008, at 7:42 AM, Vinny wrote:

Hello All,
Still working on my Apache/Resin issues and looking through the docs I found :

http://caucho.com/resin-3.1/doc/install-apache.xtp#Configuring%20resin.conf

In the wild I have seen both this:
 <cluster>
      <srun server-id="" host="127.0.0.1" port="6802"/>
    </cluster>

and this:

 <!-- define the servers in the cluster -->
<server id="" address="127.0.0.1" port="6802"/>

which one is correct when using mod_caucho but not using a cluster?

They're equivalent. The first one is the old, Resin 3.0 syntax for backward compatibility.

In Resin 3.1, every server belongs to a cluster because we want one unified deployment model, not a bunch of different cases. If you have a single server, it belongs to a cluster with one server. In previous versions, clustering was a feature, but now it's part of the architecture.

-- Scott

Tnanks

The future is here. It's just not widely distributed yet.
-William Gibson