Greetings,

I'm trying to determine how to configure Resin 3.0 to do a mix of
webserver-style and war-style deployment. This is the situation:

We have some web applications, say a, b and c, which are all deployed
war-style:

webapps/a.war
webapps/b.war
webapps/c.war

These web applications are a mixture of JSP pages, servlets and struts
actions. There are no problems with these.

We also have a set of JSP pages, organized by directory, under the ROOT
webapp:

webapps/ROOT/1.jsp
webapps/ROOT/directory-a/2.jsp
webapps/ROOT/directory-a/3.jsp
webapps/ROOT/directory-b/4.jsp
webapps/ROOT/directory-c/5.jsp

We expect these JSP pages to be accessible with the following URLs:

http://somesite/directory-a/2.jsp
http://somesite/directory-b/4.jsp

etc.

The JSP pages are organized by directory to improve the readability of
the URL and to help with search engine categorization and rankings.

However, I'm finding that, with the default configuration, resin
complains that it can't find any of the files under
webapps/ROOT/directory-a or directory-b or directory-c and returns a 404
status code for these pages. The JSP pages directly under ROOT (like
1.jsp) are served OK.

After turning on finer logging, I found that this is because resin
thinks that directory-a, directory-b and directory-c are web application
contexts, and should be served from the web applications directory-a,
directory-b and directory-c. This is, of course, not the way that the
web application has been laid out.

Is there any way around this? The site structure has been created by an
Information Architect and I see sense in its organization, but I would
like to preserve the directories under ROOT/ and not have to create a
web application for every category. I've tried various configuration
options and haven't been able to find a solution.

Thanks for any pointers,

Hari