Hi,

We need to set up client authentication for one web application (web
services) in Resin.

This resin instance is running other web applications, which required SSL
(but not client authentication).

 SSL configuration is a part of server configuration, not a particular web
application.

Does it mean if I set a flag of authenticate-client = "true" in <ssl> in
resin.conf, all clients of other web applications, which are running on
this server and using SSL, will be required to provide client certificate
for authentications?

Do I need a separate instance of resin for the application which required
ssl client authentication in case the other applications would use server
authentication?

Victor Chugunov
Pearson
(650) 470-3527