On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Victor Chugunov wrote:
> Does it mean if I set a flag of authenticate-client = "true" in <ssl> in
> resin.conf, all clients of other web applications, which are running on this
> server and using SSL, will be required to provide client certificate for
> authentications?

If I have understood things correctly that is exactly what happens.  The TCP
connection will be rejected if no valid client certificate is presented.

> Do I need a separate instance of resin for the application which required
> ssl client authentication in case the other applications would use server
> authentication?

You would need a separate listening port with a separate SSL configuration.
I think you could do it in the same instance, although I have never tried.