On Dec 29, 2008, at 3:41 PM, jqdur...@gmail.com wrote:

> I just typed a lengthy email but gmail ate it. I'll try to cut to
> the point. :)
>
> I've just installed/configured Railo 3.0, Resin 3.1 and IIS6 to work
> together but ran into a snag on an odd-ball scenario. Our users are
> accustomed to typing "intranet" into their browser, pressing <enter>
> and viewing the default document. IIS6 allowed us to use "intranet"
> as a valid host name in the header, and therefore routed
> accordingly. It seems that Resin doesn't allow us to do the same
> thing?
>

> It's my understanding that I need to declare sites that route based
> upon a host name in my resin.conf XML file. This is what I added...
>
> <host id="intranet" root-directory=".">
> <host-alias>intranet</host-alias>
> <web-app id="/" document-directory="e:/inetpub/wwwroot/Intranet"/>
> </host>
>
> This results in a 404 error from IIS when attempting to access a
> dynamic template (.CFM in this case). However, if I change the host
> id to "intranet.foo", I'm able to retrieve .CFM templates (I'm
> altering my HOSTS file so I'm hitting the same machine). It seems
> that Resin requires an extension on the host? Is there a work-around
> for this?

Resin itself doesn't care, it just treats the Host header as a
string.  Can you check both /caucho-status and enable logging
level="fine" on Resin?

The /caucho-status should show the host strings that isapi_srun is
matching against.  The level="fine" logging will show the HTTP headers
that Resin receives, and should help track down why it's not being
matched.

-- Scott