We're considering using Resin's comet implementation in an HTTP idle
scenario (probably 30 minute wait period), where an HTTP client creates
a connection and then waits up to 30 minutes for a response.

I understand that one of the idle connections takes up a socket on the
server but not a thread. However, does this mean that the server will
never receive a close event from the client (since nothing is blocking
on read)? If this is the case, then any background worker threads
(spawned by me) responsible for calling CometController#wake will
continue to work on behalf of that connection until the wait period is up.

Is my understanding correct?

Thanks,

Caleb Richardson