Check your resin config file. Given that you mention using mod_caucho, it sounds like you're trying to run resin standalone with apache already running. Your resin config file will likely be configured to use either port 80 or 8080 (and possibly 443 or 8443 for SSL). That is conflicting with apache which is already running and bound to that port.

Rob