Greetings,

We run several web applications on Resin 3.0 with Apache and mod_caucho
as a front-end. For a new web application that we're developing, which
will run under the same site, we'd like to use Resin 3.1 in a different
JVM. Something like this:

        +---> Web-app a (/a) (Resin 3.0, port 6802)

Apache--+---> Web-app b (/b) (Resin 3.0, port 6802)

        +---> Web-app c (/c) (Resin 3.1, port 6800)

We use Location-based dispatching to do this. Our configuration looks
like this:

#
# mod_caucho Resin Configuration
#

LoadModule caucho_module /usr/libexec/apache2/mod_caucho.so

<LocationMatch "^/c/*">
ResinConfigServer localhost 6800
CauchoConfigCacheDirectory /tmp
CauchoStatus yes
</LocationMatch>

<LocationMatch "^/(?!c)/*">
ResinConfigServer localhost 6802
CauchoConfigCacheDirectory /tmp
CauchoStatus yes
</LocationMatch>

We're using the mod_caucho from Resin 3.1 for requests to both Resin
instances.

This works well in basic tests but I'm wondering if there's anything we
need to be aware of while using mod_caucho from Resin 3.1 with Resin
3.0. I would hate to find out that we were doing something risky when we
got to our load tests so it seemed wise to ask the community in advance.

Thanks,

- Hari