Scott, where is the documentation for the <select-manager> tag? In
general, there seem to be many tags not available in any given
version's config tag index. Using the search feature of your site
turned up this release note: "The <select-manager> tag replaces the
<enable-select-manager/> introduced in 3.0.18."

resin:log was another tag I had trouble finding.

The 3.2.1 PDF doesn't mention resin:log or select-manager.

Am I just looking in the wrong places?

TIA,

On Mar 13, 2009, at 17:13:02, Scott Ferguson wrote:

> On Mar 13, 2009, at 5:07 PM, Rick Mann wrote:
>
>> I'm getting the following warning when Resin 3.2.1 starts, but I've
>> grepped through all of resin and my webapp, and there's no use of
>> select-manager anywhere:
>>
>> [03/13 15:51:01.598]  WARNING (com.caucho.server.cluster.Server)
>> 'select-manager' requires Resin Professional.  See http://
>> www.caucho.com for information and licensing.
>>
>> It seems implicit from something else. Any ideas?
>
> The select-manager defaults to being enabled.  The select manager is
> what would allow Resin to handle 1000s of keepalive requests (assuming
> smallmem mode.)  Otherwise, you have a thread per keepalive request.
>
> It's primarily intended for heavily loaded sites.
>
> -- Scott
>

>> TIA,
>>
>> --
>> Rick