Hi list,

I've posted before with regards to problems with clustered sessions, but
I've had session-db related outages on two production servers within
half-an-hour of each other. I'm running Resin 3.1.8 with a clustered
persistent session configuration. I took a stacktrace when both servers
stopped responding and analysed then with TDA. What I found was many
threads waiting on the internal Resin database, like this:

"hmux-10.1.1.102:6800-10944$21858188" daemon prio=10 tid=0x5bc17800
nid=0x7a9b waiting for monitor entry [0x59f7c000..0x59f7d120]
   java.lang.Thread.State: BLOCKED (on object monitor)
        at com.caucho.db.store.Store.writeBlock(Store.java:1730)
        - locked <0x79f2aaa0> (a java.lang.Object)
        at com.caucho.db.store.Block.writeImpl(Block.java:228)
        at com.caucho.db.store.Block.write(Block.java:215)
        at com.caucho.db.store.Block.commit(Block.java:178)
        at
com.caucho.db.store.Transaction.writeData(Transaction.java:580)
        at com.caucho.db.sql.QueryContext.unlock(QueryContext.java:537)
        at com.caucho.db.sql.UpdateQuery.execute(UpdateQuery.java:118)
        at
com.caucho.db.jdbc.PreparedStatementImpl.execute(PreparedStatementImpl.j
ava:345)
        at
com.caucho.db.jdbc.PreparedStatementImpl.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement
Impl.java:313)
        at
com.caucho.server.cluster.FileBacking.updateAccess(FileBacking.java:353)
        at
com.caucho.server.cluster.ClusterStore.updateAccess(ClusterStore.java:79
1)
        at
com.caucho.server.hmux.HmuxClusterRequest.accessObject(HmuxClusterReques
t.java:473)
        at
com.caucho.server.hmux.HmuxClusterRequest.handleRequest(HmuxClusterReque
st.java:215)
        at
com.caucho.server.hmux.HmuxRequest.scanHeaders(HmuxRequest.java:655)
        at
com.caucho.server.hmux.HmuxRequest.handleRequest(HmuxRequest.java:363)
        at
com.caucho.server.port.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:682)
        - locked <0xaf6462c8> (a java.lang.Object)
        at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool$Item.runTasks(ThreadPool.java:730)
        at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool$Item.run(ThreadPool.java:649)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

The session database currently stands at the 33Mb mark, which doesn't
seem excessive to me. Is there anything I can do to get to the bottom of
the and solve this. I'm unable to switch to database backed sessions due
to issues with expired sessions not being pushed out to all nodes in the
cluster (I've pressed logout but I'm still logged in - posted about this
before).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rgds,

Richard

Richard Grantham
Development

-------------------------------
rgrant...@limehousesoftware.co.uk
Limehouse Software Ltd

DDI: (020) 7566 3324
Main: (020) 7566 3320
Fax: (020) 7566 3321

Limehouse Software Ltd
Bridewell Gate
9 Bridewell Place
London
EC4V 6AW

Check out Limehouse Software's innovative solutions
www.limehousesoftware.co.uk - Transforming the way you publish and consult on
information

The information contained in this e-mail or in any attachments is confidential
and is intended solely for the named addressee only. Access to this e-mail by
anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify Limehouse Software Ltd immediately by returning this e-mail to sender or
calling 020 7566 3320 and do not read, use or disseminate the information.
Opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and not necessarily
the company. Although an active anti-virus policy is operated, the company
e-mail, including any attachments.