On Mar 20, 2009, at 9:09 AM, Ronan Lucio wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have had a perf issue.
>
> Our servers have 4Gb RAM. It has just Resin and Apache installed.
>
> The problem is, when I start Resin, the whole server uses about 2.5
> Gb RAM
> After that memory usage keep growing til it reachs the 4Gb RAM, use
> swap
> and so on.
>
> After few hours the application start getting slow.
> Analyzing the server sources, it's using so low CPU, load about 1... I
> see none overload evidence, except for RAM memory.
>
> So I just restart Resin and/or Apache and application gets fast again,
> but few ours later it will raise the same issue.
>
> This problem usually happens on peaks hours.

The /resin-admin has a heap dump which will give you a general idea of
what's taking the memory (you will need to add a -agentlib:resin to
enable it.

That heap information is very important because it will very quickly
let you focus on the real issue.  Otherwise, it's almost impossible to
guess what the underlying problem is.

-- Scott