On Mar 19, 2009, at 2:08 PM, Jeff Schnitzer wrote:

> First of all, I'd just like to say wow, I'm happy to re-discover Resin
> - I recall using it briefly in 2002 and I'm impressed with what you've
> been doing since.  It's a sharp contrast to the progress of JBoss,
> which has sadly become a complete wreck in the last few years.  The
> web beans stuff is fantastic and you're way ahead of the game.

FYI, everyone who is excited about JSR-299 (WebBeans/Java DI/CanDI)
should lobby Sun and the JCP in favor of the CanDI spec.  There's an
internal political game from members of the EJB/JavaEE group trying to
weaken CanDI, mostly because they believe EJB is the true JavaEE
component model, and see CanDI as some kind of competition.  (It's
not, really.  CanDI strengthens EJB if you want to use EJB, but it
doesn't require EJB.  I think "doesn't require EJB"  gives them