> Hello
> I would like to process images in resin server : load, resize, save.
>
> I tried with java.awt.Toolkit -> it launches a GUI thread and seems to
> work asynchroneously (with the image observer)
>
> I tried with javax.imageio.ImageIO -> it launches a GUI thread but worked
>
> I tried with javax.media.jai.JAI -> it launches a GUI thread but worked
>
> I need someting very light, quick and safe, what do you suggest ?

We use JMagick: http://www.jmagick.org. It's a JNI wrapper around the
ImageMagick toolkit. It's not very well documented, but it's incredibly
fast and lightweight. I haven't personally tried installing JMagick on
OS X, but there is an ImageMagick binary distribution for OS X here:

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php

It doesn't have any GUI or X dependencies either, and resizing an image
is a very simple operation, ~10-20 lines of Java.

Regards,

- Hari