Hi Ronald,

Resin itself doesn't use SAAJ - it was only provided for our now-defunct
JAX-WS implementation.  In other words, you should be safe using the
replacement SAAJ jar.

Emil

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 06:44:57AM -0700, Ronald Pieterse wrote:

> Hai Scott,
>
> I ran into this problem recently and fixed it by replacing the saaj.jar with
> the axis-saaj-1.4.jar. This appeared to have no effect on resin (v3.1.8)
> whatsoever. Was this wise to do?
> Is it really not used in 3.1.x anymore?
>
> Greetz,
>
> Ronald
>

> On May 28, 2008, at 1:23 AM, Mattias Jiderhamn wrote:
>
> > Of course, the LinkageError also appears when the application is
> > restarted/reloaded.
> > Reported as a bug at http://bugs.caucho.com/view.php?id=2705
>
> Hmm.  Resin shouldn't have any dependencies on saaj any more.  I can
> put saaj back in 3.1 and remove the dependencies in 3.2
>
> -- Scott
>
> --

Emil Ong
Chief Evangelist
Caucho Technology, Inc.
Tel. (858) 456-0300
mailto:e...@caucho.com
http://blog.caucho.com/

Caucho: Reliable Open Source
--> Resin: application server
--> Quercus: PHP in Java
--> Java CanDI: contexts and dependency injection