On Mar 31, 2009, at 1:27 AM, Jeff Schnitzer wrote:

> Is it possible to expose EJBs (or POJOs) as remote-able objects
> without declaring them in XML (ie, resin-web.xml)?  The Resin Remoting
> docs (http://caucho.com/resin/doc/resin-remoting.xtp) make it look
> like I must declare a <servlet-mapping> for every bean I wish to
> expose.  Is there an annotation I can declare on my beans that will
> have the same effect?

Hmm.  It might be possible to use the new Servlet 3.0 annotations for
that purpose (we haven't implemented it yet.)

The original idea was that exposed URLs shouldn't generally be
automatic.  In other words, having a class in a jar automatically
listen to a URL as a servlet or a remote bean might be a security
risk.  Basically, the same reason why /servlets/* is discouraged.

> Are there any future plans to make J2EE-style InitialContext remote
> JNDI lookups work?

That should already exist with the <remote-client> tag.  You do need
to declare the remote services that you're using.

-- Scott