I've turned on web-app versioning using:

<web-app-deploy path="webapps" versioning="true"/>

Its working great for non-ROOT named war files and will deploy and direct
new user sessions to the newest version of the web-app, without having to
restart Resin.
For the ROOT web-app, however, I have to restart Resin in order for it to
recognize the latest version
i.e. If I copy an updated war into webapps like ROOT-1.2.2.war, it will
deploy the war file but new user sessions are still directed to the old

Is this functionality restricted to only non-ROOT web-apps or is this a bug?

Sent from the Resin mailing list archive at Nabble.com.