Hessian auth doesn't seem to work.  I have a small test project here:

http://scratchmonkey.googlecode.com/svn/resin4/programmatic_auth

The client code is very simple:

        {
                HessianProxyFactory fact = new HessianProxyFactory();
                fact.setUser("harry");
                fact.setPassword("potter");

                String url = "http://localhost:8080/ct/api/Echo";;

                Echo ech = (Echo)fact.create(Echo.class, url);

                ech.echo("greetings, program");
        }

Yet even with a simple XmlAuthenticator on the backend, it always
gives me permission denied.  I've tried putting my own authenticator
on the backend and it never seems to get called.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?  Has anyone successfully
performed remote authentication using hessian?

This is using the 4.0.0 release.

Thanks,
Jeff