We upgraded to resin 3.1.9 yesterday in our production environment.  The
upgrade process for us was simple: unzip the 3.1.9 bundle, copy over the
resin.conf, license, other supporting files and restart the server.
However, 3.1.9 will not run any of our scheduled tasks.  The app comes up
under 3.1.9, responds to requests, but won't run tasks (I think this carries
over to JMS as well, but need to confirm).  Bring the server down and start
up in 3.1.8 and schedule tasks resume executing.

I recall when upgrading to 3.1.8 there may have been an issue with some of
the Resin generated wrappers/proxies on registered beans that prevented
tasks from running, and clearing something (WEB-INF/work, IIRC) ended up
unblocking whatever kept ScheduledTasks from running.  We've tried doing
clean builds and deploying under clean installs to 3.1.9 and can't get those
tasks to run.

We experience the exact same behavior in development, stage, and production.

Any ideas?

-tyson