On Aug 24, 2009, at 11:57 AM, Jeff Schnitzer wrote:

> In a war file, why can't I seem to replace classes in a WEB-INF/lib
> jar file simply by creating them in WEB-INF/classes?  Do the classes
> in WEB-INF/lib override WEB-INF/classes?  Is there a way to change
> this order?

The order is decided by the <class-loader> configuration, with the
default defined in app-default.xml.  Just checking on it, it looks
like the WEB-INF/classes should be searched first.

It's not exactly an override, it's just a first-found search.

> I'm including a third-party jar that has some undesirable behavior in
> one class.  I'd like to replace it with my own implementation.  What's
> the easiest way to do this?

The WEB-INF/classes should work.  You could also modify the <class-
loader> in app-default.xml (although that's generally not recommended.)

> FWIW, I'm integrating JSR299 into Resteasy, but Resteasy doesn't
> currently have the right hooks.

Very cool.  Although, the main annotations are changing because of
JSR-330.  This spec is pretty rough on early adopters.

-- Scott