Hi,

Be aware though, that hot redeployment requires all the
libraries/classes that reside in WEB-INF to behave correctly,
otherwise they are not recicled and end up consuming all the non-Heap
memory and causing an OOM. And there are tons of libraries out there
that do not behave properly, even some of the most popular ones. So,
even though convenient, it is not something I would rely on much,
unfortunately.

Oh, and there is an attribute in resin.conf (or resin.xml) to control
the interval to check for changes in the context-senstive files, so
you can configure it so Resin is not checking all the time in
production if some files have changed.

On a related note, I think that I've seen Resin close the application
and restart it before the next page is requested, even though I don't
remember if that was with previous versions of Resin or depended on
some time out. Could some one from Resin clarify this point?

S!
D.

PS: S! = Salute!, so it's not my name :)