Sorry, let's try this again:

I am running into a problem where certain UTF-8 characters go into the
application and come out as nonsense.
The JSP's are using UTF-8 encoding, and so does the database.

Accoridng to my research one of the things I have to do on the application
side to make sure character encoding is always consistent is set the
character encoding in the server configuration for URL-decoding GET request
parameters.
The equivalent in Tomcat configuration is

*<Connector (...) URIEncoding="UTF-8" />*

Is there an equivalent in Resin?

Thanks.