I have included a prologue section in resin-web.xml, but it is not
accepted by Resin, see the log extract below.

I have't find a section dedicated to the prologue element in the
documentation, there are only indirect references to it. On the other
hand it is included in the default resin-xml (host-default / webapp) so
it mustn't be deprecated. This reference page contains almost the same
code as an example (prologue in resin-web.xml):
http://www.caucho.com/resin/reference/env-tags.xtp#class-loader

Where is prologue valid? Or where can I find this myself? For the 3.1
there is a Relax NG section in the configuration part of the
documentation, but not for 4.0.

WEB-INF/resin-web.xml:8: 'prologue' is an unknown property of
'com.caucho.server.webapp.WebApp'.

6:

7:

8:
<prologue>

9:
<class-loader>

10:                        <compiling-loader
path="${mirekaHome}/classes"/>