On Oct 25, 2009, at 11:59 AM, Horacy Oliwka wrote:

> It seems like spring's classloaders ignore WEB-INF/lib, except when
> spring.jar is also there, but I'd like to have spring.jar in a global
> directory.

yes, this is exactly what happens.  classloaders can look "up" the
chain of classloaders, but not down.  spring classes in a global scope
cannot see per-application classes.

Unless you plan on deploying a large number of webapps, it's probably
simpler (and less error prone) to drop the whole issue and put all
application classes into WEB-INF/lib.  If you think you've got a good
reason to not do this, I believe (as suggested in another email) that
resin supports some sort of quasi-shared thing.  See also here:

http://wiki.caucho.com/Install_FAQ#Where_can_I_put_.jar_files_so_that_they_are_available_to_all_of_my_web_applications.3F

--

joe