Daniel López wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> We are migrating all of our instances to Resin 3.1.5 (3.1.8-9 have a JPA
> bug that prevents us to go the latest version) and I've been asked by
> our admins if it would be possible to have ONE monitor to see all the
> different applications in all the different instances.
>
> The different instances share the Watchdog process but each of them uses
> a different configuration file, as we don't want all the instances and
> applications to be restarted each time we modify the configuration. If I
> understood correctly the documentation, the Watchdog process is able to
> monitor all applications when using Resin Pro and if they are all in the
> same cluster. Does that imply ONE configuration file?
Yes you can. The different applications would be in different <cluster>
blocks, if I understand your requirements. Since servers in a Resin
<cluster> always have identical content, you need separate <cluster>
blocks for each application.

> In that case, if I edit this unique file, is Resin smart enough to restart
> just the instance/server that was affected by changes?

Not right now. It may be possible for us to add that capability in the
future.

-- Scott