On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 15:44, Scott Ferguson <f...@caucho.com> wrote:
>> Out of curiosity, what's the actual size of the file? And what kind of
>> application? Just browser download or some kind of fancy streaming client.

The file is small, about 50 bytes.  The app is not fancy, however it
isn't using the typical path mapping constructs in web.xml.  The
reason is that there is business logic related to the hostname (and
path) that is better described in application code than in exotic path
mappings.  As a fallback the requests I don't handle specifically are
forwarded to the file servlet.

> One specific reason I'm curious is because the 4.0.2 benchmarks vs nginx
> are very, very close even for large static files. (We're already faster
> for small files.)

I'm more than happy with the current performance ;-)

-Knut