If you're running a Resin instance behind Apache, you could also look at
mod_security:

http://www.modsecurity.org/

The open-source version is an Apache module with a rule engine (and a
rule language) that might be useful to do the kind of thing you're
looking for. The core rule sets are fairly substantial (they also deal
with, amongst other things, SQL injection and XSS), but if all you want
to do is fence off a single URL, you should be able to write a rule for
that without too much effort.

- Hari