On 03/02/2011 02:53 AM, Mattias Jiderhamn wrote:
> We're looking forward to upgrading from 4.0.10 to 4.0.15, but during
> testing we notice 4.0.15 takes way longer to boot our application.
> Results on different machines range from twice the time to 4-5 times as
> long. It seems that the Spring/Hibernate initialization is taking most
> of the time (just by debug outputs, no profiling yet)
> Narrowing it down, it changed between 4.0.13 and 4.0.14.
> Is anyone else seeing this? Would this be expected for any reason (like
> XML parser, DTD resolving)???
> (We have primarily tested this on Windows with a Resin Pro license that
> should be valid for the update)

I may have just hit this and fixed it (I need to verify the specific
change - there are two.)

Resin's classloader does some analysis and caching to improve
resource/class loading performance. This speeds up Spring/Hibernate
initialization considerably. Some of that caching was causing problems
with GC, so it was reversed. I'll see how it can be fixed.