I removed the versioning attribute and it works. "<web-app-deploy path='webapps' />" works.

Thanks

On 03/22/2011 12:04 AM, Mattias Jiderhamn wrote:
Have you tried without versioning="true"?
--
</Mattias>

----- Original Message -----
Subject: [Resin-interest] ROOT.war not expanded when explicitly defined in resin.xml
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 17:03:31 -0700
From: Keith Fetterman <kfetter...@go2marine.com>

I am experiencing a problem in resin 4.0.16 where resin is not expanding
the ROOT.war file if I explicitly define the root webapp in resin.xml
file. In resin.xml, I have the tag "<web-app id="/"
root-directory="webapps/ROOT"/>" defined under my "<host>" tag. I also
have the tag "<web-app-deploy path="webapps" versioning="true"/>"
defined under my "<host-default>" tag.

When I update the ROOT.war file in my "webapps" directory, the war file
is not being expanded into the webapps/ROOT directory. I have tried
both shutting down resin, updating the ROOT.war file and then starting
resin, and I've tried updating ROOT.war while resin is running.

If I remove the tag "<web-app id="/" root-directory="webapps/ROOT"/>"
from the resin.xml file, then ROOT.war expansion occurs.

Do I need to add an attribute to the <web-app id="/"
root-directory="webapps/ROOT"/> tag to get the war file to expand?

Also, what is the difference between the attribute "root-directory" and
"document-directory" in the <web-app> tag? I noticed in the resin
documentation that "root-directory" is mentioned in the list of
attributes but "document-directory" is not on the following page:

http://caucho.com/resin/reference.xtp#web-app

But, if you look at the examples, they all show "<web-app id='/apache'
document-directory='/usr/local/apache/htdocs'>"

Thanks,
Keith

Keith Fetterman Direct: 206-319-9434
Mariner Supply, Inc. 206-780-5670