We have multiple webapps in our 4.0.16 configuration and would like to
be able make changes to our resin.xml file without causing all of the
webapps to restart.

Can we somehow disable the automatic restart after detecting a change to
the resin.xml?  If we do that, we can stop/start the individual webapps
from the admin screens, but will restarting an individual webapp reload
the resin.xml just for that webapp (without interrupting service on the
other webapps)?  Or will it continue to use whatever resin.xml
configuration parameters are loaded into memory?