ok... so basically what I am hearing is that I can't deploy my app on
4.0.19 as it stands now.

In resin 3.1, I was able to deploy my app... using db persistent
sessions... NOT configure the resin.conf to be clustered... but still be
able to load balance(using other products) and have the users not loose
state as they bounce between servers.

Is this scenario supported with 4?  or with 4, am I forced to tell resin
about each one of its peer servers in the resin.conf?

I am not trying to beat a dead horse here... but trying to understand if
it is an intended change in design/functionality between 3.1 and 4.