On 12/03/2011 08:11 PM, sam munkes wrote:
Hi,

We are running resin pro version 4.0.15 on a windows machine, using the IIS handler to handle the static files & forward the application requests to the resin server listening on port 6800. The thread-max is configured to 1024, during normal loads resin is handling 10 requests concurrently. The problem we are having is: If the requests are getting locked, for example waiting on database queries, the request threads fill up the 1024 thread max, and the application stops responding to clients, including local admin requests. Is there a way to configure resin to reserve a thread for administrative request? possible setup resin to listen on another port that will not be affected by the global thread-max limit?

If Resin listens to another port, it will have dedicated threads attached to it.

For a port, the accept-thread-min threads are allocated before the accept() call, so they would avoid the thread-max check.

You would need to listen to a different port (or IP), though, because there wouldn't be a way to reserve threads just for certain URLs.

-- Scott

Thanks.

--
Sam