For your sitation, wouldn't it just be easier to put the new jar in the
classpath? For example using jvm-arg.

The overriding from a child classloader has always been a bad idea. (And
in your case, probably wouldn't work, because the JSP and Servlet and
CDI classes depend on EL, so the EL needs to be in the same classloader
as the JSP.)

-- Scott