On 02/07/2012 12:12 PM, Manidhar gudavalli wrote:

I have these settings in my conf  files for ulimits.

vi /etc/security/limits.conf

* soft nofiles 1024000
* hard nofiles 1024000

root    soft    nofiles 1024000
root    hard    nofiles 1024000

Does the lsof show anything unusual? Like a surprising number of open descriptors to a specific file or socket?

-- Scott

 cat /proc/sys/fs/file-max
2188737