On 02/12/2012 06:21 AM, smallufo wrote:
I found my resin 4.0.25 still suffers from terrible memory usage ...
sometime over GC , sometimes FULL GC (and then OOM)...

For memory, you should check the /resin-admin or the pdf-report to get a quick view of the main memory problems.

My frontend is  wicket (1.4.19) ,
After running resin just for hours , WEB-INF/tmp/App-filestore grows immensely...
It takes minutes to rm -rf the directory...
Not only the files generated by wicket ,
Resin itself also generates terrible BIG file under resin_home/resin-data/app-0/distcache :

-rw-rw-r-- 1 smallufo smallufo 30903631872  Feb 12 22:05 data.db
-rw-rw-r-- 1 smallufo smallufo    33554432  Feb 12 22:03 mnode.db

It takes about 30GB within hours ...
It grows and grows , and finally resin hangs ...

What's the problem here ?

Probably persistent sessions. If you're using persistent sessions and wicket is storing massive sessions and changing them on each operation, it can get large. Although 30G is pretty strange.

The data.db is garbage collected, not deleted immediately on session change.

Does that sound possible in your configuration?

-- Scott

Any way to get rid of it ? Is it related to wicket ?

Anyway to limit the size of "data.db"  ?
And is it safe to delete it ?