On 05/01/2012 02:41 PM, Stargazer wrote:
> On 01/05/2012 17:15, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>>> Here's the same question put a much simpler way  - its answer will give
>>> me a clue.
>>> I just installed a fresh copy of Resin Pro 4.0.27 and started it with no
>>> changes to any config files. The machine its on has the IP The
>>> start up log shows "http listening to *:8080". What config change do I
>>> need to make to get that to read "http listening to" please?
>> You'll need to modify the cluster-default.xml. Look for the<http>.
>> I'll update it to add a http_address for the resin.properties for the
>> ext release.
> Thanks. Is there a way to specify a different cluster-default.xml per
> resin instance the way described in the root, or should I just wait for
> the next version where I can see this will be easy now?

You can modify the resin.xml and add <http> elements for each server
with your own property names. I think that would be the easiest.

You can also change the cluster-default.xml or make a new one of your
own. The standard config is just intended to handle most simple
configurations, not all sites.

We still expect many sites will change their resin.xml, even with the
new resin.properties. The main idea is to let the simpler sites (and new
users) to use the resin.properties, not to forbid changes to the
resin.xml. We split out the cluster-default.xml mostly because the
resin.xml was getting to complicated, and because most of the config in
the cluster-default.xml was fairly standard.