An alternative that might be no that performant would be to use
mod_proxy/mod_rewrite to send requests to Resin instead of using
mod_caucho. That would let you choose the locations/directories that you
want to forward to resin and which ones you want to process in Apache.
Not sure if mod_caucho also allows this fine grained control, as I don't
use it, but in the mean time...

Daniel Lopez Janariz (
Web Services
Balearic Islands University