Hi, All

We run resin 3.1.9 open source version in our production environment. The
visit is about 5M visit/day per resin instance. We ran into the resin hang
problem several times. We belive it is the same problem as bug 3509

http://bugs.caucho.com/view.php?id=3509

All the threads are deadlocked and the number of threads is approaching the
thread-max setting.

Is there any workaroud to bug 3509 except upgrade to 4.0? Is this bug fixed
in resin 3.1 ? Can we disable access log to workaroud this problem?

Besides, what's the suggested thread-max for resin ? We set it to 3000, is
it too big? If we set it to a lower value, what will happen if the
concurrent requests exceeds the thread-max value?

Another observation is that when the problem arise, the number of threads
is approaching the thread-max setting. I want to know under what condition
will resin start a new thread?

Our environment:

Jdk 1.6.21 on CentOS 5.3 64bit
Resin 3.1.9 open source version
-Xms 4G -Xmx 4G -Xmn 1200m

 <jvm-arg>-Xmn1200m</jvm-arg>
      <jvm-arg>-Xms4000m</jvm-arg>
      <jvm-arg>-Xmx4000m</jvm-arg>
      <jvm-arg>-Xss128k</jvm-arg>

  <memory-free-min>100M</memory-free-min>
      <thread-max>3000</thread-max>
      <socket-timeout>65s</socket-timeout>
      <keepalive-max>250</keepalive-max>
      <keepalive-timeout>10s</keepalive-timeout>

thanks.