On Aug 17, 2012, at 11:58 AM, Manidhar gudavalli wrote:

> HI
> I am seeing a strange 503 error  on the server. When the repeated requests
> coming from the clients with the same IP address, after some time, I am
> seeing 503 error in apache logs. These requests are all valid requests from
> valid ips.
>
> I am using resin 3.1.12. and apache 2.2.3 and JDK 7.
>  Is resin considering, the repeated request from same IP as spam?
>  Is there any parameter that I can set to force resin to accepts the requests
> and not consider as spam?

Hi Mani,

A 503 error usually indicates Resin was unavailable to Apache (ie restarting)
or overloaded.  The client IP address should not matter.

You need to examine the Resin logs to see what is it doing during that time and
if there are any errors reported.

Resin may be running out of resources or paused for a long garbage collection.
Often simply increasing thread-max to a larger number like 2048 helps, since
the default is rather low for Resin 3.1.

Thanks,
Paul