On 09/20/2012 01:33 AM, Mattias Jiderhamn wrote:
> What is the current recommended approach for remote deploying from
> Hudson/Jenkins to recent Resin versions (4.0.29+)?
> It looks like the resin-maven-plugin [1] (which may have been
> preferable) has been abandoned? Latest version is 4.0.17 and does not
> seem to be working.
> Is command line deploy [2] the latest and greatest? What would be the
> recommended approach for invoking from Hudson/Jenkins?

Command line is the best. It's current and tested nightly as part of our
automated testing.

The ant/maven was before we upgraded the CLI.

> exec-maven-plugin with exec:java or exec:exec?

Probably exec. On our .deb and .rpm install "resinctl" is installed in
the normal search path, so exec would give the installed version.

> Is the same Resin version required on both machines?

Yes, it's a good idea. We have upgraded the communication several times.

-- Scott