My .properties file:

# resin.properties - configuration variable values
#
# See resin.xml, cluster-default.xml, and health.xml for full configuration.
# Any variable defined by ${...} can be set as a property in this file.
#
# Individual server overrides can be specified by prepending the server.id.
# For example, increasing the log level for an individual server:
#
# log_level : info
# app-0.log_level : finest
#
# Like Resin XML configuration, modification of this file will trigger
# a restart.
#

# General log level (modify resin.xml for more granular log level adjustments)
log_level     : finer

# Enable verbose browser error reporting
dev_mode      : true

# How often Resin should check for updated files.
# dependency_check_interval : 5m

# Enable /resin-doc Resin documentation
resin_doc     : false

# List Triad server ip-addresses:hmux-port for each tier, space separated
# App tier Triad servers must be listed to enable web-tier to
# app-tier load-balancing

# web-tier Triad servers: web-0 web-1 web-2
# web_servers      : 127.0.0.1:6810

# app-tier Triad servers: app-0 app-1 app-2
app_servers      : 127.0.0.1:6800

# Configures Resin for a memcached server tier
# memcached-tier Triad servers: memcached-0 memcached-1 memcached-2
# memcached_servers    : 127.0.0.1:6820
# memcached_port : 11211

# Allow elastic nodes to join the cluster (enable for cloud mode)
# elastic_cloud_enable : true

# The cluster that elastic nodes should join - each will contact a Triad server
# Use a separate resin.properties file for each cluster
home_cluster : app

# Used for an elastic server to join the cluster in home_cluster
# elastic_server : true

# Create a distinct webapps/ directory for each server, for vertical scaling
# elastic_webapp : true

# Used for cloud servers with dynamic IP addresses where the DNS name for the
# server is assigned after the server starts. Resin will retry the start.
# elastic_dns : true

# specifies the --server in the config file
# home_server : app-0

# Set HTTP and HTTPS bind address
# http_address  : *

# Set HTTP and HTTPS ports.
# Use overrides for individual server control, for example: app-0.http : 8081
app.http          : 80
# app.https         : 8443

web.http          : 80
# web.https         : 8443

# memcached.http      : 8080
# memcached.https     : 8443

# For security, Resin can switch to a non-root user after binding to port 80
setuid_user   : www
setuid_group  : www

# Arg passed directly to the JVM
# jvm_args  : -Xmx2048m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

# Local URLs for the watchdog to check to ensure the server is up,
# space separated
# http_ping_urls : http://127.0.0.1/test.jsp

# Throttle the number of active threads for a port
port_thread_max   : 256
accept_thread_max : 32
accept_thread_min : 4

# Enable JNI TCP speed optimizations
tcp_cork : true
sendfile : true

# OpenSSL certificate configuration
# Keys are typically stored in the resin configuration directory.
# openssl_file : keys/test.crt
# openssl_key : keys/test.key
# openssl_password : changeme

# JSSE certificate configuration
# Keys are typically stored in the resin configuration directory.
# jsse_keystore_type : jks
# jsse_keystore_file : /etc/resin/keys/server.keystore
# jsse_keystore_password : changeme

# In absence of a signed certificate, Resin will fallback to using a
# self-signed development certificate if HTTPS is enabled

# Enable the proxy-cache - for caching static content in memory
proxy_cache_enable : true

# Sets the proxy cache memory size
# proxy_cache_size : 256m

# Enable clustered persistent sessions (for failover)
session_store : true

# disable the quercus *.php mapping when using Apache for PHP
quercus_disable : true

# Web-apps named with numeric suffixes, e.g. foo-10.0.war and can be browsed
# as /foo. When a new version of the web-app is deployed, Resin continues
# to route active session requests to the previous web-app version while
# new sessions go to the new version, so users will not be aware of the
# application upgrade.
# webapp_multiversion_routing : true

# Set the email address to receive weekly and restart PDF reports
# email : ad...@example.com

# Set a global password to prevent foreign Resin instances from connecting.
# Must be identical between web, app, and cache clusters.
# cluster_system_key : changeme

# Enable remote admin (for remote CLI and for EC2 ext: triad discovery)
# remote_admin_enable : true

# Enable /resin-admin web administration console
web_admin_enable : true

# Permit access to /resin-admin from non-local network ip-addresses
# web_admin_external : true

# Require HTTPS to access /resin-admin
# web_admin_ssl : true

# Enable Resin REST Admin
# rest_admin_enable : true

# Require SSL for REST Admin
# rest_admin_ssl : true

# Access to /resin-admin and remote CLI is password restricted.
# Use "resinctl generate-password" and copy/paste here to set the admin
admin_user :
admin_password :

# Enable reading EC2 user data as resin properties
# properties_import_url : http://169.254.169.254/latest/user-data

On Dec 18, 2012, at 22:46 , Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> wrote:

> I just built a new machine, by installing resin .33-snap, and copying over
> the resin.xml and resin.properties files from a working machine with .32 on
> it.
>
> When I launch with resin.sh console, I get:
>
> com.caucho.config.ConfigException: -server 'app-0' is an unknown server in
> the configuration file.
>       at com.caucho.server.resin.Resin.initTopology(Resin.java:1069)
>       at com.caucho.server.resin.Resin.initServletSystem(Resin.java:1275)
>       at com.caucho.server.resin.Resin.configure(Resin.java:997)
>       at com.caucho.server.resin.Resin.initMain(Resin.java:979)
>       at com.caucho.server.resin.Resin.main(Resin.java:1437)
> -server 'app-0' is an unknown server in the configuration file.
>

> Am I missing something?
>
> --
> Rick

Rick