On Dec 21, 2012, at 2:49 AM, Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> wrote:

> Has anyone tried running resin on Raspberry Pi? So far I've got the JDK up,
> but it won't run in server mode (it's an armv6, and the JVM says server mode
> requires armv7+).

Well funny you should ask, that is my current pet project when I'm not doing
bug fixes and customer support :)

I've been keeping a journal on our wiki that may interest you:
http://wiki4.caucho.com/Paul%27s_Raspberry_Pi_Journal

I ran into the same JDK/ARMv7 issue as you.  Resin adds -server automatically
and you can't work around it in the current version.

The alternatives are to use the Oracle's embedded JRE or OpenJDK.  The ejre
doesn't have a compiler, so JSP won't work.  OpenJDK is very slow, but does
work fully.  There also, the -server locks you into the Zero VM, which is slow.

I've done some performance testing (mostly outside of Resin) of the various
VM's available for Raspberry Pi:
http://wiki4.caucho.com/Java_On_Raspberry_Pi_Performance

If you come up with anything interesting related to Java/Resin on a Pi I would
love to hear it.  Otherwise I'm currently working on a new cut of Resin for
this:  http://wiki4.caucho.com/Resin_Changes_To_Support_Raspberry_Pi

Thanks,
Paul