Hello Scott,

Thank you very much for replying! I have switched to using resin 4.0 now and
I did use @javax.inject.Inject annotation but that didn't seem to work
either.

My configuration in the resin-web.xml file is:

  <resource-adapter class="org.apache.activemq.ra.ActiveMQResourceAdapter">
        <init server-url="vm://localhost"/>
     </resource-adapter>

     <connection-factory
class="org.apache.activemq.ra.ActiveMQManagedConnectionFactory"
name="activemqFactory" />

     <jms-queue class="org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQQueue"
name="testQueue">
       <init physical-name="testQueue"/>
     </jms-queue>

   <ejb-message-bean class="testAgent">
                <destination>#{testQueue}</destination>
   </ejb-message-bean>

I have added in the resin.xml, the resource-deploy path

 <host-default>
<resource-deploy path="deploy"/>
    </host-default>

And I have put activeMQ .rar file in the deploy dir. I have modififed ra.xml
and brokerConfig.xml to use the
vm://localhost as I want to use the ActiveMQ embedded broker.

I don't need JCA configuration if by that you mean XA transaction.  A simple
configuration (non-JCA) one would be great! I was unable to get
connectionFactory reference using the Inject annotation but if I
do jndi lookup, it is able to find it:

                ConnectionFactory cFactory = (ConnectionFactory)
jndiContext.lookup("java:comp/env/activemqFactory");

I can't get jms queue references either using @Named annotation but I can
create the queue after I get the connection and the session.

My next issue is how to make MDB listener listen on the same queue since now
it's not wired through the configuration. Is my MDB ejb configuration in the
resin-web.xml file correct? did it change in 4.0?

Thank you so much for helping out!
Sadhana