On Apr 10, 2013, at 4:37 PM, "Aaron Freeman" <aaron.free...@layerz.com> wrote:

> In resin-4.0.35 I am spinning on a typical BufferedInputStream read loop to
> read from a multipart stream.  It works great, but for some reason a large
> percent of the connections hang at some point on the blocked read call.   I
> thought that the default SocketTimeout setting in Resin would cause that to
> eventually throw an exception, but that does not appear to be happening.
> Here is a partial thread dump of the blocked call:

Some of our internal stream wrappers swallow the exception, log it, and return

You're saying it's just blocking, but as a first step I recommend you turn on
FINER logging for "com.caucho.vfs", and maybe "com.caucho.server.http" also.

Then check the logs for exceptions logged when you would expect the timeout.