We have an application that talks to remote rest-api's, using resteasy
client framework.
Our code creates a new proxy for each call, and these calls run on new
threads always (we don't cache our client proxies, and the threads are
from a threadpool that is created and shutdown afterward).

We suffer a 5-seconds overhead for each call that actually returns
something (non-void) (using jackson json).

I suppose there's some heavy-weight initialisation going on over and
over. In particular, jackson-docs suggest that we should reuse the

The ProxyFactory.create(...) variations have no javadoc, so i'm
wondering how to configure my client-proxy with some shared