I've done some work already that I just committed for you to look at in
Branch_2_3.  Haven't touched the code in awhile and it may not even
work, so if you want to take it over that would be great.

https://github.com/resteasy/Resteasy/tree/Branch_2_3/server-adapters/resteasy-netty

The biggest problem is that JAX-RS is pretty much BIO based, while Netty
is mostly known for asynchronicity.  I tried to model java.io.* over
Netty which ended up with a lot of buffering that maybe you can improve
upon.

To work with Branch_2_3:

$ git clone git clone g...@github.com:xxxx/Resteasy.git
$ git checkout -b b_2_3 origin/Branch_2_3

$ git remote add --track Branch_2_3 remote23
git://github.com/resteasy/Resteasy.git

# update from main repo
$ git fetch remote23
$ git merge remote23/Branch_2_3

# push changes
$ git push origin b_2_3:Branch_2_3

Also, because of the SVN conversion to GIT, you have to manually merge
changes to the master branch.  Sorry!