I don't understand, you have an Application class not annotated?  *AND*
you have a different application class declared in web.xml?

What do you expect to happen?  What does GF 3.1 do?  The spec is kinda
vague here.

Originally if you had an Application class without @ApplicationPath,
resteasy would just map it to /*, but, somebody on the AS7 team changed
the code without telling me and now you get this error...